Platelet Rich Plasma Kit (PRP Kit)
PRP is an abbreviation of Platelet-rich Plasma. PRP can be obtained due to a strong centrifugal force by separating the cells according to their molecular weights layer by layer. Platelets can be determined as the reparative cells in our bodies. T-LAB PRP Tubes offer 2 ml of PRP from 9ml of whole blood. Platelets cause the coagulation but also secrete growth factors. Normal platelet counts can be considered as 200.000/microliter but PRP means the platelet count goes up to 1.000.000 – 1.500.000/microliter. PRP can only be applied by qualified medical doctors and this technique is an autologous procedure.
Why These Kits?
- Our PRP Kit is CE marked of Class IIb according to European Commission’s
- The Kit is not a Blood Storage Tube or Blood Separation kit unlike the many
other products. The requirements of CE Class IIb has been acquired.
- Does not include Ficoll and not an IVD Tube
- Not a Tube, a PRP Kit
- Includes Anticoagulant
- Re-suspension mechanism.
- Cell-Cell Interaction
- No Gel in the PRP Tubes
- PRP in Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- PRP in Dermatology
- PRP in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- PRP in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- PRP in Ophthalmology
- PRP in Veterinary
- 2 x PRP Tubes
- 1 x Re-suspension Tube
- 2 x Injectors
- 3 x Needles
- 1 x Phlebotomy Set
IMPORTANT FACTORS WHEN CHOOSING A SYSTEM ARE:
- High concentration platelet recovery rate after centrifugation must be > 80% • Viable and undamaged platelets (ACD anti-coagulant) • Gel free systems reduce the risk of plasma contamination by separation gel
◦ Pathology tubes contain ◦ EDTA (damaging to platelet integrity)
◦ Gel that is allergenic (carcinogenic?)
◦ Plastic (suppresses platelet activation I)